Job Placement provides services to all participants who achieve sufficient employable skills. There were over 300 people who found employment with assistance from the Placement Program in the year 2010.
The Next Step Placement Program:
The next step to a person’s success in today’s competitive job market…
The Next Step Placement Program is designed to provide individuals the opportunity to gain and maintain employment while moving towards their highest potential.
Who is Eligible?
Next Step Placement provides employment services for individuals who are:
- Needing help dealing with current employment related issues
- Participants sponsored through referral agencies or private referrals
- Vocational Evaluation
- Employable Skills Training
- Customized Skill Training through Career Passport
- Referral/Partnering with Community Services
- Computer Skills Training
- Benefit Specialist and Services
- Job Readiness
- Job Search
- Mentoring Services
- Job Retention/Advancement
- Employer Incentives Presentation/Negotiating
CDC Placement Background
- Experience providing employment services in the Eau Claire area since 1959.
- Experience working with over 1500 individuals annually.
- CDC has served individuals with a variety of disabilities and economic disadvantages.
- Evaluation and Job Placement services coordinated on site with employers and new employees.
- Job application/resume preparation and interview readiness training services developed by staff with training and work experience in human resource management and vocational counseling.
- Ability to provide work site employable and technical skills training and a work reference.
- Case Management skills to connect participants with transportation, child care, as well as other services through partner agencies.
- Background placing individuals with over 150 different area employers.
- Match employer needs with individual skills.
- On site job retention and career advancement expertise offered.
- Employable skills enhancement follow up services available.
- Established mentor program providing assistance to deal with personal issues that affect job performance.
Customized Employment offers jobs that are specifically developed for an individual.
- Individuals complete a discovery process, which looks at interests, skills and conditions for employment
- A job is developed specifically for an individual
- Job developer works directly with the employer to customize a position for the individual and maintain employment